Last updated: Apr 10, 2023
2. Persons Under The Age of 13
This website is not directed to and not intended for users under the age of thirteen (13). We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without prior parental consent. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, and you believe your child has provided personal information to our website that you would like us to delete, please contact Leslie Valdivia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Information We Collect About You
3.1 Information You Provide to Us
We collect information about you when you provide it to us in order to provide you with our products, as provided below:
- Personal contact details: We may collect contact data that you may provide to us when purchasing products, taking our quizzes, or signing up for our incentive programs and newsletters, including your full name, username, email address, company name (if applicable), shipping address, and telephone number.
- Other details you provide to us: This includes information provided when contacting us, participating in our rewards or incentive programs, providing product reviews, communicating with our customer support team, entering into contests or other promotions, or requesting further services.
- Payment details: Unless otherwise specified, we process payments by credit card, bank transfer or other means via external payment service providers. In general, and unless where otherwise stated, purchasers of our products are requested to provide payment details and personal information directly to such payment service providers. We are not involved in the collection and processing of such information: instead, we will only receive a notification by the relevant payment service provider as to whether payment has been successfully completed.
- Opinions, views and interests: We may collect comments, ratings, or reviews that you choose to send to us, post via our website or via a survey.
3.2 Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Device Details: We may collect device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP addresses, unique identifiers (such as VIN, MAC address and IDFA), language settings, dates and times of connection to our website and other technical communication.
- Usage Details: We may collect records of your use of our website, including registration, details of content with which you interact, records of purchases made via the website, page views, clicked pages or links, your communication preferences.
3.3 Information from Publicly Available Sources
We may collect personal information from public sources, such as your public social media including tagging photos or content or making comments on a third-party social network. If you do not want us to collect information from social networks, you should review and adjust your privacy settings on those networks as desired.
3.4 Information from our Service Providers
We may receive information from you collected by our service providers on our behalf, such as our payment processors and Shopify, in order to provide you with our products and services.
4. How We Use Your Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- Our website: operating and managing our website; providing content to you; displaying advertising and other information to you; and communicating and interacting with you via our website.
- Provision of products and services to you: providing our products, website and other services to you, including fulfilling your purchase orders or other purposes for which you provided us the information; carrying our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; notifying you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide through it; creating, maintaining, customizing and securing your account; improving and personalizing our content, products and services; providing you with support and respond to your inquiries.
- Marketing communications: communicating with you via any means (including via email, telephone, text message, social media) regarding information in which you may be interested, subject to ensuring that such communications are provided to you in compliance with applicable law.
- Communications and IT operations: communication with you; management of our communications systems; operation of IT security; and IT security audits.
- Health, safety and legal compliance: to maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business; compliance with legal obligations.
- Analytics: to analyze and assess current and potential user markets; to create aggregated, de-identified and/or anonymized data.
- Financial management: for sales, finance, corporate audit, and vendor management.
- Surveys: engaging with you for the purposes of obtaining your views on our website, our services and products and industry views.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- If any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Service providers such as contractors, agents or sponsors who help us manage or provide our products and services by, for example: developing or supporting products and features; sending email messages on our behalf; processing payments; fulfilling orders; delivering subscriptions; auditing; processing data or statistics; and serving, customizing or delivering marketing. These third party service providers are required to protect personal information entrusted to them and not use it for any other purpose than the specific service they are providing on our behalf.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of, or pursuant to negotiations in connection with, a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. We will notify you with any choices you may have regarding your information as a result of such events.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including investigation of potential violations and to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- To enforce or apply any agreements we may have with you, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
6. How Long Will We Keep Your Personal Information
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and applicable legal requirements.
7. Data Security
We protect your personal data through technical and organizational security measures to minimize the risk of data loss, misuse, unauthorized access and unauthorized disclosure and alteration. Such measures may include the use of firewalls and data encryption.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy setting or security measure contained on the website.
8. Links to Third Party websites
9. Cookies And Other Related Technologies
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or use an online service.
Vive Cosmetics uses several different types of cookies on our website, including the following.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. Strictly necessary cookies facilitate the operation of our website. Without the use of these cookies, portions of our websites would not function properly. For example, we use essential cookies to help us identify which of our visitors have previously registered in order to access our services.
- Performance Cookies. Performance cookies help us monitor the performance of our website and how users interact with them. These cookies collect information such as how often users visit our website, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other websites they used prior to coming to our website and provide us with information that allows us to improve our website and services.
- Functional Cookies. Functional cookies are used to remember your preferences on our website and to authenticate your identity. For example, we use functional cookies to recognize and save your name and password on our website.
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies.Vive Cosmetics may use behavioral advertising cookies in order to provide you with advertising which is tailored to your interests when you visit websites on and off our network. Behavioral advertising cookies analyze information about your interests and your browsing history and provide you with advertisements on and off our network that match these interests. The cookies are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
10. International transfers of personal information
Because of the international nature of our business, we may need to transfer your personal information to third parties as noted above (subject to compliance with applicable laws), solely in connection with the purposes set out in this policy. For this reason, we may transfer your personal information to other countries that may have different laws and data protection compliance requirements to those that apply in the country in which you are located.
12. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our Privacy Notice for California Residents, which is incorporated into this policy by reference.
13. Contact Information